Lower Eagle Valley Road will be closed to traffic due to reconstruction of a bridge from Monday, October 25th through at least Friday, October 29th. The area of the bridge work is on the south end of Lower Eagle Valley Road (nearest its intersection with County Road G). Residents residing on that road should plan accordingly to gain access to their property.
Free preventive health and wellness services are here now! No insurance needed. Milton Town Hall S2794 State Road 88, Fountain City, WI, 54629. Bridges Health is a Winona State University student-led, faculty-guided, interprofessional clinic that provides a variety of free preventive health & wellness services. Services to be provided in your area include ‘ask a nurse’, chronic condition support, blood pressure screenings, health screenings, vision screenings, ear cleanings, sports physicals, foot and nail care, and general health and wellness education.
Make an appointment by calling 507-457-2891. All services are available via appointment or walk-in on Thursdays.
Thursday September 23rd, 2021- 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday September 30th, 2021- 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday October 7th, 2021- 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday October 14th, 2021- 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday October 21st, 2021- 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday October 28th, 2021- 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday November 4th, 2021- 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday November 18th, 2021- 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
Thursday December 2nd, 2021- 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 6:00 p.m., the Milton Town Board will be holding a special meeting/informational session for residents who would like to learn more about video streaming services (such as Hulu, AT&T TV, Sling TV, etc). This meeting is being held by the town board as a service to help residents who want to learn more about video streaming options as an option to replace the television services currently provided by CCT (Cochrane-Co-operative Telephone).
BOARD OF REVIEW NOTICE
TOWN OF MILTON
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Review for the Town of Milton, Buffalo County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on the May 6, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Milton Town Hall, S2794 State Rd 88, Fountain City, WI 54629. An Open Book will be held at the same location on April 29, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
1. No person shall be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to enter onto property to conduct an exterior view of such property being assessed.
2. After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the board. Open book shall occur no less than 7 days prior to the board of review.
3. The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
4. Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require such objections to be submitted on forms approved by the department of revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person shall be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
5. When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing, the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
6. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless no later than 7 days before the first meeting of the board of review the person supplies the assessor all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Town of Milton has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph, which provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1), Wis. stats.
7. The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
8. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under. S.7047(3)(a), Wis. Stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 6th day of April, 2021 by Kalene Engel, Town Clerkhttps://townofmiltonwi.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2021-Milton-Board-of-Review-Notice.pdf
PLEASE COMPLETE THE BUFFALO COUNTY OUTDOOR RECREATION SURVEY Do you like the outdoors? Do you want to see more outdoor activities for you and your family in Buffalo County? The Buffalo County Outdoor Recreation Committee wants to hear your ideas. The Committee is updating the County Outdoor Recreation Plan and wants your input. Please take 5 minutes and go to the link below or the Buffalo County homepage and give them your thoughts! By taking the time to give your input, you will help guide the Committee in prioritizing future outdoor initiatives and programs in Buffalo County. LINKE TO SURVEY: https://forms.gle/BWu1fctjmpWupGHA8
NOTICE OF CAUCUS AND TOWN BOARD MEETING OF THE
TOWN OF MILTON
BUFFALO COUNTY, WISCONSIN
CAUCUS: A town caucus will be held in the Town of Milton on January 13, 2021 at 5:45 p.m. at the Milton Town Hall, S2794 State Rd 88, Fountain City, WI 54629. The caucus is held for the purpose of nominating candidates to appear on the spring election ballot for the following offices:
Chairperson Ben Adank
Supervisor Pam Jensen
Supervisor Jeffrey Jandl
Clerk Kalene Engel
Treasurer Jane Baures
BOARD MEETING: A Town Board Meeting will be held at the Milton Town Hall at 6:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting will post at the Town Hall and on the town website www.townofmiltonwi.com at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Dated: December 13, 2020
Kalene Engel, Town Clerk